Sunday, June 12, 2011

Falling Ducks and Raining Ash

Apparently a volcano erupted in Chile two days ago, causing it to rain ash in New Zealand. At first I was confused, because I was picturing a flat map of the world and didn’t quite understand how ash could travel all the way over numerous continents and only rain down on New Zealand. Then, my blonde moment ceased and I realized that indeed the world was spherical. Who knew? Besides me being a complete idiot, the ash was spectacular. I know that a volcano erupting isn’t the best thing in the world, but just to have it effect a whole different continent is purely amazing. 

Today, as we were walking around Lake Te Anau, I spotted some ducks, so naturally I migrated towards them. As I began to take pictures of the ducks, I realized that they were complete idiots, considering the fact that they kept getting bolted with the waves and almost drowning, yet kept staying near the shore where the waves broke. It provided some serious entertainment, along with hilarious pictures of ducks being annihilated.











"Creatures, I give you yourselves," said the strong, happy voice of Aslan. "I give to you forever this land of Narnia. I give you the woods, the fruits, the rivers. I give you the stars and I give you myself"
        -The Last Battle

No comments:

Post a Comment