Sunday, June 12, 2011

Finding...Frodo?

Before I left, a friend told me that I shouldn’t discriminate against Lord of the Rings, which was also filmed in New Zealand. Well friend, I have found Lord of the Rings: the trail from Gondor to Mordor. Seriously. I actually found it the moment we stepped off the plane in Queenstown. As I stepped off the plane, I realized that I was completely surrounded by mountains, like completely. I later found out that these mountains are called “The Remarkables” and it is where the quest was wonderfully filmed. 



The search for the “ring that ruled them all” was much easier than I presume the hunt for Narnia will be. I keep thinking I see Narnia, since everything here is so majestic and breath-taking, but I can’t be so sure yet. Until I see a lamp post in the middle of a snowy wood, a centaur frolicking around with a parcel and an umbrella, a witch with turkish delight, a mouse with a feathered hat and proportioned miniature sword, or a lion with the mane only a God so beautiful could create, will I know I’m in Narnia. 
“Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.” 
         -Psalm 90:2-4



No comments:

Post a Comment